The main active ingredient in the drug Flagyl 400 mg is Metronidazole. It belongs to the Nitro-imidazoles class of antibiotics and features three modes of action i.e. antibiotic, antiprotozoal, and amoebicidal action.
Indications and Usage:
Doctors actively prescribe metronidazole drug for the treatment of bacterial infection caused by an anaerobic type of bacteria, and it has excellent therapeutic usage with minimal side effects. Mainly it is used against acne Rosacea which caused flushing, redness and small lumpy spots on the skin.
Dosage and Indications
The initial recommended dose of this drug for adults is 400 mg tablet three times daily. This drug can also be used along with some other medications like chondroitin sulphate. Always read the instructions on the packaging of the medicine as well; there will fine detailed instructions there. If you have any doubt, feel free to contact your physician. Keep taking the medicine as per schedule, and give it at least two weeks for any results.
-Method of administration
Flagyl is manufactured in the form of a tablet, and should be consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. It can be consumed either with a meal or without a meal. The medicine will generally show its full effect within a month or two. Continue to use this medicine as your physician has instructed, even if you start feeling better.
-Missed dose of Flagyl
If you have forgotten a dose take is as soon as you remember. Please do not take any dose if time is to take next dose.
More than the required dose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some hypersensitive symptoms. In the case of an accidental overdose, you should necessarily consult your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Flagyl is available in the form of a tablet and can be bought from our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Flagyl – 400 mg
- Roza Gel – 30 gm
- Flagyl(tablet) – 400 mg
Flagyl can lead to severe complications if consumed in some cases. Avoid using this medicine under the following conditions:
- If you are allergic to the constituents of this drug
- If you are pregnant or planning to conceive
- This drug is not advisable for infants and children below ten years of age
Warnings and Precautions:
- This drug should not be prescribed to diabetic patients as it may cause insulin resistance
- Please avoid smoking while you are taking this medicine. This drug may show low recovery rate if you are smoking
- It is advisable not to drink any alcoholic beverages while taking this medicine. Flagyl may not show its complete effect
- Please tell your doctor about any medication you have been taking or any medical condition you have been suffering from. Flagyl may not be advisable to be consumed with some of the medications
- Do not use this medicament in a large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your doctor’s prescription
- Problems in breathing
- Pale urine
- Enhanced heart palpitation
- Swollen appearance
- Change of vision
- Dull skin
Please consult your doctor and physician before consuming any herbal medication or Ayurveda drugs.
There are some drugs with which taking Flagyl has been restricted due to the severe drug interaction. Few of these restricted drugs are:
- Sodium thiosulfate
Metronidazole, the active ingredient of the medicine binds covalently to the target organism DNA and disrupts its nucleic acid synthesis.
You can easily buy Flagyl 400 mg drug online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very lowand reasonable price.
Store medication in a cool, dry place without moisture and out of the reach of children and your pets. Medicines must not be used after the expiry date. Do not refrigerate the medicine. Please dispose of the wrapper after properly covering it in a paper or packet at the proper place.